IHSA 3A Regionals - Lockport
DATE: Saturday, October 22, 2016
TEAMS: Benet Academy, Bolingbrook, Downers Grove North, Downers Grove South,
Lockport, Plainfield Central, Plainfield East, Plainfield North, Plainfield South,
LOCATION: Dellwood Park, Route 171 and Parkview in Lockport.
- 9:00 a.m. Packet pick-up at Finish Line
- 9:30 a.m. Coaches meeting at Finish Line
- 10:00 a.m. Girls Race
- 11:00 a.m. Boys Race
- 11:45 a.m. Awards at Pavilion
COURSE: Girls: 3.1 miles
Boys: 3.1 miles
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Please familiarize yourself with the IHSA regulations regarding the running of this meet. This information is available in the Term and Conditions at www.ihsa.org.
ENTRIES: List of participants will be obtained from the IHSA school center once the deadline has passed on 10/18/16 at noon. Coaches are encouraged to bring a hard copy of their online list of participants.
EQUIPMENT: Contestants must meet all IHSA and NFHS clothing regulations. These are contained in the 2016 Track and Cross Country Rule Book and in the IHSA Terms and Conditions.
DRESSING: There are no dressing facilities at the park. Please come dressed to run.
RESTROOMS: Restrooms are available at the park.
MEDICAL: There will be a certified athletic trainer on duty during the race.
AWARDS: A plaque will be presented to the winning boys’ team and the winning girls’ team.
Individuals will receive awards for 1st to 5th place.
ADVANCEMENT: Marist Sectional, Race to be held on 10/29/16. For both boys and girls, the first 6 teams and the first 5 individuals not on one of the advancing teams will advance to the Sectional.
BOX ASSIGNMENTS: A blind draw for starting box order will be held.
START: Starting procedure will be as follows:
- 10 minutes prior to the race: Air horn sounds; clear start area; all competitors must report.
- 5 minutes prior to the race: Air horn sounds; all sweats removed for uniform inspection; coaches must clear area.
- 1 minute prior to the race: Air horn sounds for set.
- When field is set and ready, the starter will fire the pistol. There will be NO VERBAL COMMANDS.
IHSA STARTER & REFEREE: L. Poole #33910, Kenric Bond, #71769 and J. Daniels #33984
PARKING: Busses should park in the A-Field Lot (Garfield Park) or at the West side of the park district (the old finish line).
T-SHIRTS: IHSA T-Shirts will be available for purchase